Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

That January Afternoon


 
That January Afternoon
It was a January afternoon
One I don't think I will forget soon
As she came in and sat there before me
A familiar face, yet still a mystery
As time passed by and I knew her more
Something about her I came to adore
She was a well of intellect vast and deep
Futile to contain or for any walls to keep
Her eyes they glowed green and fiery red
The spoke of beauty, which could see no end
The long golden locks and aura so fair
Gave me no doubt of her right then and there
Her personality was loving and kind
Always affectionate, easy on the mind
But the mind can be a tricky place
For I knew not then what would be my fate
She refrained from intent again and again
If only I'd known my efforts were vain
Still I would try, for I'd not be content
Until she was mine one hundred percent
Without circumspect I took on this task
But 'twas not soon I'd have the guts to ask
'Cause her beauty and wit could not be matched
I just had a fear I was not the right catch
But I gathered my courage and picked a day
One that I came to rue in every way
For her reasons why not, was not the whole truth
It was but a bluff, which left me bemused
When truth took a stand and was finally shown
Truth proved to be painful as it can be known
And it is from this pain that I have learned
In order to suffer, one must have yearned
Here I am now, emotions tattered and torn
Feeling lonely and lost, even forlorn
But it's time to move on, pick up and go
My only hope lies in what I now know
I do not know where I'll be in a year
My only goal now is to be far from here
To be far from this place that's been far from fair
Don't worry yourself; I'll call when I'm there
James M. Doffermyre

 

No comments:

Post a Comment